Evaluation Criteria For Reputation Management
topseos, the independent authority on search vendors, seeks to help companies find the best reputation management companies in the industry. We review each vendor’s portfolio in order to see the quality of work that the company has completed and often times contact clients to obtain an evaluation. This information is then compiled and used to create a list of the best.
topseos identified five key areas in the process of reputation management: needs analysis, strategy development, responsiveness, monitoring, and reporting.
The first key aspect of reputation management is needs analysis. This part of the evaluation analyzes the ability of a vendor to recognize both the immediate and long-term needs of their clients. What type of research is completed to provide clients with an initial evaluation of their online reputation and provide an analysis of the work that needs to be completed.
Next we evaluate the strategy development of the vendors. How effective are the strategies that the company has built and how do those strategies work to meet the needs of their clients?
The vendor’s responsiveness to the client’s online reputation needs is also evaluated. How quickly does the vendor begin work to handle immediate needs of their clients? How long before the vendor’s work begins to make an effect on the client’s online reputation?
Monitoring is the long-term aspect of reputation management that is evaluated by topseos. This analyzes the maintenance work that is being done by the vendor in order to maintain their client’s reputation. How often are checks completed to measure the effectiveness of the work done, and recognize any new needs?
The final aspect of the evaluation is reporting. How well can the vendor maintain consistent communication with their clients? What reports are provided to the clients to see? Are they clear and understandable? Do they provide recommendations to maintain the online reputation of their clients?
A few of the questions that we may ask clients of these firms are:
- What type of needs analysis was conducted before work initiated?
- What type of a ROI were you anticipating, what was achieved and in what time frame?
- What would be 3 things you would change about your experience?
- What was your total investment?
- Rate your overall experience (1-10; 10 being the highest).
Project Specific Queries:
- How were your organizational goals aligned with the reputation management activities?
- What activities are put into place to enhance your online relations?
- How are reputation management activities reported and documented?
- How are results of the reputation management activities measured?
- Do you have any negative remarks that are unresolved to your favor online?